Thursday, November 29, 2012

Online Form Assignment




Click here for my online form assignment



This online form addresses two main purposes.

To find out more about:

  1. who my audience is.
  2. what my audience wants to see on my blog.

To do these, each has specific purposes.

For who my audience is I wanted to learn some information about my readers:

  • their age ranges
  • their gender
  • their occupation
  • their location
  • how they prefer to read my blog

For what readers want to see on my blog I was mostly looking to find out:

  • which of my three post types (fashion, food, fun) which most interests them
  • what specifically interests them most within each post type
  • any particular posts they would like to see on my blog

Question types:

My questions seemed to make best sense with the styles I chose. For example, age range and gender questions are best suited with a question with multiple choice answers, whereas occupation has so many options it is best to provide a small text box. In addition, I included in many multiple choice questions the option to choose "other" with a small text box to explain what that other option may be.

Tone:

My tone was business but inviting. I am trying to get impersonal information from readers to best suit their interests with my blog.

Intended audience:

My intended audience are readers of my blog, Seasonally Sweet & Sassy. The intention of this online form is to find out more information about them.

Complications:

For some reason the option to change the theme of the online form would not load. I clicked it many times and in two different browsers but the page would just not load, so I was stuck with a boring looking form. Planning and creating, on the other hand, were simple to me because I am currently in a market research class which is primarily about learning how to create a survey, especially an online survey. We learned how to develop questions and the best styles of questions to ask. I actually found this slightly challenging because it is so vague in a way. In that class, questions need to be written a certain way, whereas in this class it might be a different requirement. I tried to find a healthy balance.

1 comment: